On Sep 13, 2009, at 2:10 PM, Christopher J Kemsley wrote:

"CARecorder" is a class I made which spawns a thread and, at a regular interval, tells the given layer's "presentationLayer" to render in a local context, using the following code:

[self.layer.presentationLayer renderInContext:self.context];

-renderInContext: does not implement the full core animation rendering model. I'm not certain what it is not rendering for you, but that would depend on what your layers are rendering themselves.

However, if your goal is to take snapshots of a layer tree, then it is likely that you will have better results with the CARenderer and OpenGL readback techniques, although this method is rather more complex.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing