On Oct 15, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Stuart Malin wrote:

I have looked through the NSURLConnection class reference, the NSURLRequest class reference, the URL Loading System guide, queried Google, searched mailing list archives, and even looked through NSURLConnection.h, but can not find documentation about what happens when an NSURLConnection times out. I presume that -- for the asynchronous case -- the invoker's -connection:didFailWithError: selector will be messaged. Is this so? Where is that defined?

I think so, but I don't remember for sure. Why not try it? Set a timeout of 0.1 sec and send a request to a slow server.

But I haven't been able to find any documentation of what the possible errors are, and what the data would be for those reported failures.

NSURLError.h. But in practice you can sometimes get errors from other domains too, especially if SSL is involved.

The URL Loading System guide has an example that uses the key "NSErrorFailingURLStringKey" to access a value from the error object's userInfo dictionary. Where might other such keys be defined?

Tip: To see where a symbol is defined, hold down Command and double- click it. If you'd done that with that key, it would have taken you to NSURLError.h and answered part of your question.