Hi all. I need a good Obj-C framework for sending email. I used to use the Message.framework associated with Apple's Mail, but they killed that a long time ago, sadly. Then I used Pantomime; but it seems to also be abandoned, now, and it is crashing on 10.5 (and it was never terribly reliable anyway). Does anybody know of a good replacement? I haven't had any luck trying to find one using Google.

Jens Alfke suggested wrapping a call to sendmail in NSTask, while somehow groping out the right SMTP settings from Mail's prefs, but that sounds like quite a hassle, and hard to get really right such that emails would be reliably delivered. Does anybody have reusable code to do something along these lines?

If no good replacement exists, then: if there is anybody on this list who knows Pantomime's code, it could very much use an update. I will be happy to supply crash logs. :->

  Thanks!

Ben Haller
Stick Software