Turns out the issue I was having was caused by the fact that I did not have
the headers in the framework bundle, once I figured out how to add the
header files to the framework - which was not easy to figure out - and did
the 'reload all class files' menu item in IB for each xib the problem went
away. At least on my xcode 3.2.1 machine. On a machine running xcode 3.1 the
warnings still show up, but I have not bothered to open each xib and choose
to 'reload all class files' yet..

Mark