On 8 Nov 2009, at 08:53, Jay Swartzfeger wrote:
Hi all, I'm an absolute beginner to Objective-C (and programming in
general). I have lots of books on order, but I've been messing with
Xcode/Cocoa/iPhone SDK with online resources while I wait.

My question -- for my next project, I want to do a simple number <->
binary converter. Is this handled via the superclass NSNumber, or the
more specific NSDecimalAsNumber? I've been looking for examples online
and have come up empty handed. Thanks!

NSNumber, if anything. The conversion to and from binary is probably best done "by hand" using the C bitwise operators, though.