I want to swap out one view with another by pushing the old view aside to slide in a new view (the kCATransitionPush type). To use CoreAnimation I need to work with CALayers for my views. The problem is that attaching a backing layer to my window content view through setWantsLayer distorts everything in the view.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I'm using a subclass of NSWindow called MAAttachedWindow (http://mattgemmell.com/source ), which is a HUD style transparent popup window of sorts that attaches to another object.

I can provide screenshots of this distortion if needed. I got the animation working using NSViewAnimation, but as many others have experienced, NSViewAnimation is terribly slow. I'd rather use CoreAnimation, but this issue prevents me from using it.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
Thanks