Using Core Data - I have created a named NSManagedObject that has both a
start time and end time.

In an iphone app (UITableViewController), I'd like to display a list of
these *Sessions* and I'd like the SECTION headers to break per day, based on
a Session's start *date*. So, I'm storing a *time* - and I need to group by
a *date*.

Would I simply add a readonly property 'startDate' to the literal Session
code (.h,.m) that Core Data generated from my data model - in which I would
derive the start date from the start time? or would this be a case for
declaring a 'transient' property in my Core Data model? I don't exactly know
when to use or not to use Transient properties.

It would be used as follows:

        fetchedResultsController_ =
                [[NSFetchedResultsController alloc]
initWithFetchRequest:fetchRequest
                        managedObjectContext:managedObjectContext_
                        sectionNameKeyPath:@"startDate"
                        cacheName:cacheName];

Will this manually defined property actually work in this method? I've
created a transient property in my Core Data model and implemented my own
getter for the property but I only ever get back the 'default' value I
created in the Core Data model gui. In other words, the infrastructure never
seems to invoke my version of

- (NSString*)startDate {

implemented in the code-gen'd Session (NSManagedObject) class.

What is the proper way to do this?

-Luther