On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Tom Davie wrote:

> I'm trying desperately to find where the API for scanning images is, I've
> found the Image Capture API on developer.apple.com, but I can't find a more
> recent version than one for 10.4, and none of the sample code compiles any
> more, worse the sample apps crash on launch.
>
> What should I be searching the docs for here?

For 10.6 and later, you ought to use IKScannerDeviceView, which apparently has
no documentation at the time except for a few small mentions on ADC, such as
<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/ImageCaptureServicesProgrammingGuide/01Introduction/01Introduction.html>,
 and the comments in the header file. It really isn't that difficult to figure
out on your own, actually.

For 10.5 and earlier, use ICAImportImage(). Don't call this method in Snow
Leopard! Not only does it not work, but it ends up crashing at some point if
you don't have GC turned on. Yes, I filed a bug.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>