On 15 Dec 2009, at 14:22, Development wrote:
> I am trying to post data to NSString * url = [NSString
> stringWithFormat:@"ipp://%@:%i/%@",host,[service port],item];
> Which as you can see is an ipp address. However the code below fails as I get
> an error from the NSError that I am using an unsupported url. Obviously if I
> send it as http:// all I get is the cups page. So the question then is how to
> format this url or how to send the request.

This is more of a question about IPP than about Cocoa... start reading up on
how IPP works.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2910

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911

Once you've figured out how to properly format the request, just call it HTTP
and send it off. If you're still just getting the CUPS page, your request isn't