On 26 Dec 2009, at 06:54, Chad Eubanks wrote:
> Does anyone know of an example that has an iPhone app passing information to
> a desktop app?  Could this be done with CoreData or should I be looking into
> a webview based app?

Neither CoreData nor WebView are appropriate technologies for what you're
describing. CoreData's purpose is managing object graphs, and WebView's purpose
is displaying web pages. Neither one is particularly proficient at contacting a
remote system and transferring data*.

Depending on what you're wanting to do here, you'll probably want to look into
either Sync Services or Bonjour / sockets.

(*: While WebView superficially fits the bill, it's the wrong approach