I guess I just choose Buffered in Window Attributes in IB.

On Jan 8, 2010, at 1:56 PM, David Blanton wrote:

Great and thanks! Now, if my app is a Cocoa document-based application where do I implement
initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:

-db
On Jan 8, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Paul Sanders wrote:

Correct.  Nothing happens until the window is 'flushed' (which
normally happens in the event loop).  It is one of the joys of
programming on the Mac (compared to Windows).

Paul Sanders

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Blanton" <aired...@tularosa.net>
To: "cocoa-dev List" <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 8:38 PM
Subject: Flicker Free Drawing

Does NSBackingStoreBuffered guarantee there will be no flicker
when
drawing?

That is, I won't see the content view background drawn, then
myview
background drawn, then myview whatever I draw into bounds rect
which would be "flicker, flicker" if I am drawing all through
resizing
the window and scrolling the content.

-db

This email sent to p.sand...@alpinesoft.co.uk