On 2010 Feb 02, at 11:54, Andreas Grauel wrote:

> I have two Entities - Person and Event - both are with
> a many to many relationship, because a person can have more events and a
> event can have more persons. After I have added a few Persons to an Event
> I'd like to display them on in a Table. But how? I tried a Binding with
> Events - selection - person.firstName but then always comes this Error.
>
> 2010-02-02 20:37:39.948 Kegeln[4128:a0f] [<_NSFaultingMutableSet
> 0x100227180> addObserver:forKeyPath:options:context:] is not supported. Key
> path: firstName

Classic problem.  You can't bind through a to-many key path.

> I also have tried some other things but cannot figure it out. I have also
> tried to add an Observer but wasn't able to. I have tried to add an Observer
> to the EventArrayController, but didn't work or maybe i did it wrong. What
> can i do? Please help.

This looks like exactly the same question I asked about two and a half years
ago.  Probably 75% of what I said was wrong, but if you discount my profanities
and concentrate on the responses from mmalc and others, you should get a proper
start on this.

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/cocoa/189290-managed-object-wants-per-relationship-attribute.html#189292

In particular, disregard my advice in the final Oct 03 message to use
NSManagedObjectContextObjectsDidChangeNotification.  I have since learned that
NSManagedObjectContextObjectsDidChangeNotification fails to provide what is
needed to make a real app which updates dependent properties, supports undo,
etc.