On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point, I don't think there's anything further I can do to work
> around this bug.

Well, Tim Wood gave me the idea to call -_updateLayerGeometryFromView
in an override of -viewWillDraw. This does the trick, and avoids the
single frame flicker of the layer in the wrong spot. So I think it's
as good as I'm going to get for now. I don't know if this workaround
works on 10.5, since -viewWillDraw is documented to not be called in
many cases of non-traditional drawing. But since we've publicly
announced that all new major versions of our apps will be 10.6-only, I
really don't care.

I do hope someone at Apple takes the time to fix this bug, and I hope
my workaround holds up.

--Kyle Sluder