On Sep 2, 2010, at 11:29 AM, vincent habchi wrote:

> You mean I shall use your dispatch_async invocation instead of calling [layer
> setNeedsDisplay]?

Calling -setNeedsDisplay arranges for -display to later be called on the
current runloop. As such using -setNeedsDisplay is reliant on a runloop running
(and running regularly) neither of which you have on a GCD queue.

> I was thinking of calling dispatch_async () inside -drawInContext, but, if I
> understand your example correctly, this is wrong.

Doing so would cause you all manners of pain and suffering, the most common of
which is things "mostly" working but occasionally your drawing going into the
wrong view. Basically *never* use the context given to you in -drawInContext:
outside of that invocation.
--
David Duncan