On Sep 14, 2010, at 9:42 PM, James Miller wrote:

> With Apple recommending block-based animation of UIImageViews, I'm not quite
> grasping how to take older frame-by-frame animation code like this:
>
> NSArray *playerImagesRight = [NSArray arrayWithObjects: [UIImage
> imageNamed:@"p1.png"], [UIImage imageNamed:@"p2.png"],[UIImage
> imageNamed:@"p3.png"],[UIImage imageNamed:@"p4.png"],nil];
> [playerImage setAnimationImages:playerImagesRight];
> [playerImage setAnimationDuration:.5];
> [playerImage setAnimationRepeatCount:-1];
> [playerImage startAnimating];
>
> and turn it into a block animation with the whole "[UIImageView
> beginAnimations:nil context:NULL]" routine?

Thats because you are mixing techniques. The method you are using with
UIImageView are specific to UIImageView and accomplishing the task that you are
trying to do and have nothing to do with the general animation techniques. Also
+[UIView beginAnimations:context:] isn't the new block based animation routines
– those are the +[UIView animateWithDuration:*] and +[UIView trasition*]
methods. +[UIView beginAnimations:context:] is the old method from 2.0.
--
David Duncan