On Jan 7, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Kenneth Baxter wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to use a CAShapeLayer for some paths in my application. For
> the most part this works fine, but in some circumstances the animation from
> one path to another looks really strange during the animation.

Core Animation's path animation requires the source and destination paths to be
of the same structure – that is you can animate between two lines, or two
beziers but not from a line to a bezier (as such – you can generate degenerate
bezier curves that look like lines to emulate this).

If your source & destination paths do not meet this requirement, you may get
unexpected results.

> I would be able to tell it what the path should be at any intermediate point
> in the animation, but I'm not sure how to get access to it to provide those
> paths.

The closest thing you could do here is use a Keyframe animation, but I'm not
certain this could be done cleanly or without using lots of intermediate paths
for even short sequences. It is something to explore.
--
David Duncan