On Jul 5, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Amy Heavey wrote:

> It is for Mac OS (coredata app), but all the documentation seems to refer to
> Javascript?

It’s a cross-language API, but there are Objective-C bindings in WebKit. Read
the section "Using the Document Object Model from Objective-C” in the WebKit
Programming Guide.

The method to start with is -[WebFrame DOMDocument] which will return the
document object. From there you can walk the node tree, get the selection, etc.

> I'm still struggling to find a way to select an image within the page. I'd
> like to simply click on an image within the webview, then a button in my UI
> to process it.

I’m not sure what the best way of doing this would be. In either case you have
to intercept and modify the normal event handling in the view. You might have
better luck asking on one of the webkit mailing lists on this server.

—Jens