On 3 Aug 2011, at 19:20, Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2011, at 05:41, Daniel Vollmer wrote:
>
>> Now, what I'm trying to do is resize the tableview horizontally inside the
>> scrollview *without* changing the size of the window itself[1]. I can do
>> that easily enough by modifying its frame, but this seems to ignore the
>> column auto-resizing and leaves the column at the original width. Of course,
>> I could just set the new column width explicitly, but I'm trying use the
>> autoresizing so that I can use NSViewAnimation to animate this transition.
>> Any ideas on why the column autosizing doesn't work when setting the frame
>> directly? I tried calling various NSView and NSControl methods to force a
>> relayout after changing the size, but had no success.
>
> By modifying the frame of what? You should be changing the scroll view frame,
> but you make it sound like you're changing the table view frame.

The frame of the tableview. I want the scrollview to stay the same size, only
to display half of twice as much content (i.e. display the left half of the
original content in twice as much detail, with the ability to scroll over to
the 2nd half).

> Also, check that you've enabled column resizing correctly in *both* places --
> the column resizing behavior of the table view itself (it's a popup -- resize
> first column/resize last column/etc)  AND the resizing behavior of the column
> (it's a checkbox prior to Xcode 4 IIRC, and a popup in Xcode 4).

They are both enabled, and as mentioned before, the column resizing works fine
when resizing the window itself (which in turn changes the size of the
scrollView).

        Daniel.