On Aug 4, 2011, at 7:52 AM, Eric E. Dolecki wrote:

> I have a little script sitting locally on my Mac (webserver).
>
> http://eric.domain.com/iOS_Log/logger.php:
>
> <?
> $myFile = "yabba.txt";
> $fh = fopen($myFile,'a') or die("can't open file");
> $query = $_GET["string"];
> $stringData = $query."\n";
> fwrite($fh,$stringData);
> fclose($fh);
> ?>

Just a note that it is not useful to post the PHP code--not only is it not
relevant to your case, there is no guarantee that list members are familiar
enough with PHP to make real sense of it.

> I am simply trying to send the PHP a small string from my app on a device.
> I've seen examples of POST everywhere, but looking for GET.
>
> Of course if I do *http://eric.domain.com/iOS_Log/logger.php?string=Foo* in
> a browser it works fine.

Anyway--can you be more specific about your problem? Regarding specifying query
strings, Cocoa doesn't provide any convenient means that I know of to build
query strings so you have to manually assemble them. Something like:

NSString *urlString = [NSString
stringWithFormat:@"http://eric.domain.com/iOS_Log/logger.php?string=%@";, [foo
stringByAddingPercentEscapesUsingEncoding:NSASCIIStringEncoding]];
NSURL *url = [NSURL  URLWithString: urlString];

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.