Hi,
I've been looking for a way to draw on top of a QT movie whose display
dimensions the user can vary using the window's resize handle(?) while it is
running.

I have previously stepped through the individual frames but the result was
jerky.
I obtained a smoother result by first converting the movie into an image
sequence but the time required to perform the convertion and memory use are
unacceptable.

The most promising suggestion I've found so far is the (undocumented) delegate
method in QTMovieView.h
- (CIImage *)view:(QTMovieView *)view willDisplayImage:(CIImage *)image

Some discussions on various forums circa 2008, suggest the method had been used
successfully in the past but it's not worked for me.
XCode seems not to recognise it.

Is the method no longer extant?
Should I look to try another approach e.g. Core Video?
I use XCode 3.2.6

Julius

http://juliuspaintings.co.uk