Problem with Xcode >4 is that this is the same build farm that compiles out
standalone executable which has compatibility down to Tiger, so we're stuck on
Xcode 3.x versions (at least for the next 8 months or so). Superannoying, but
that's what we get for making a dev tool that will target ancient systems.

Essentially, Unity is an Editor (that requires >Leopard, Intel only) which we
ship with a bunch of runtimes (OSX, iOS, Win, Android (ARM/Intel, etc), PS3,
XBox, Flash binary, etc.). People use the Unity editor to build a data file
that these binaries know how to run. The Editor could be compiled with a later
compiler, but we need our runtimes to target ancient systems as well (when to
up the requirements of any version is a long debate; we're just now dropping
PPC). The editor also has an embedded Runtime (so people can test their games).

However, getting all these dependencies right means we've ended up with a very
complex build system - so it's hard for us to "just" upgrade a single piece of
the chain.

Anyone have any idea how Lion checks the compiler version so I maybe can fool
it?

(Failing that, I'll re-implement windows resizing myself :)

Thanks,
Nicholas