On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM, James West <jww...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to override the default behavior of the UITableView index so
> it only shows over the right side of a subsection of a table - scrolling with
> it, etc?

Yeah, that really isn't how the index works at all (even leaving out
the part where the index points to sections, and not to individual
cells). You're gonna have to roll your own thing.

One thought that occurs to me, but probably isn't a terribly good
idea: make your index a subview of a custom section header (and make
sure that that header has clipsToBounds turned off). Then it'll scroll
with the table, and maybe(?) stay pinned in view when the table floats
the section header at the top. You can ask the table for its bounds,
and for the bounding rect of the section, in order to lay out that
custom index appropriately.

Sixten