I want to use a custom graphic as the main window of a program, and I'm
using custom controls (built with NSButtons on top of NSViews).  I have not
been able to figure out how to make the custom controls appear on top of
the bitmap.  I also want to build custom sliders using a special graphic
for the slider area and for the knob.

Can someone point me to some source code that shows how to do this?

Thanks, Tom Jeffries