On May 18, 2012, at 7:39 AM, Patrick Robertson wrote:

> I'm (finally) looking at converting my non-ARC (Mac OS X) app over to ARC,
> but also have quite a few external plugins/bundles which can be loaded into
> the main app on runtime.
> My question is - can my ARC app load non-ARC bundles, or is this not
> possible.

ARC code can load manual RR code (and vice versa). This property is relied upon
by the OS. The most important thing to cross compatibility is that both sides
understand and follow the Cocoa memory management conventions (or annotated
exceptions), as otherwise you can get over-retain and over-release bugs at the
boundaries.
--
David Duncan