Ken
You are right. I was capturing the screen.  Setting the presentation options in
the options dictionary for enterFullScreenMode with options: did the trick.
However, with the presentation options set, I am only getting one view to show
the other is blacked out (ie the view on the external monitor is shown but the
main screen on the built-in display is black).  I have tried various
presentation options but results are similar.

Thanks
Tom