On Aug 3, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

> The code in basicView (an UIView) is:
>
> - (void)touchesEnded:(NSSet *)touches withEvent:(UIEvent *)event
> {
>       if ( self.sliderView == nil )   //      load nib
>       {
>               NSBundle *mainBundle = [ NSBundle mainBundle ];
>               SliderViewController *tem = [ [ SliderViewController alloc ]
> initWithNibName:        @"Sliders"
>
>                                                                 bundle:
>                   mainBundle
>
>                                                                 biGroup:
>                   biGroup
>
>                                                                 cubeGlView:
>           self
>
>         ];
>               self.sliderViewController = tem;
>               [ tem release ];
>
>               self.sliderView = self.sliderViewController.view;
>               self.sliderView.center = self.center;
>               [ self addSubview: self.sliderView ];
>       }
>
>       self.sliderView.hidden = NO;
> }

As I alluded to earlier, if you are going to use view controller containment,
you MUST use the containment API if you want sane behavior.  The reason you are
getting this behavior is that based on your greater conditions, the
SliderViewController you just created is getting rotation callbacks, and since
it doesn't have a parent view controller would assume it is a full screen view
controller and sizes itself for that.

I would recommend you either 1) adopt view controller containment and do this
addition in the view controller that owns basicView (which needs to be a
subclass to do this properly) of 2) make SliderViewController not a subclass of
UIViewController.
--
David Duncan