This problem is kind of tough to describe without pictures.  Thus, there will
be links to graphical images to help you understand my dilemma.

So, I'm trying to display a modal form-sheet over the app's main view using
Storyboards and a segue.  I'm using Xcode 4.5 with iOS 6 to implement an iPad
application.  I'm also using AutoLayout.  I already have a version of this code
working on iOS 5.1 with springs and struts but I want to make the conversion to
AutoLayout as I add support for iOS 6.  Don't ask why; stay focused on the
issue at hand, please.

This is what I'm trying to display.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4920112/1.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4920112/2.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4920112/3.PNG

When I activate the segue and try to display the modal form, the form
automatically resizes to cover the lower-left portion of the iPad view.  In the
console there are no exceptions due to conflicting constraints.  There is also
no reported ambiguity among the constraints in question.

This is what I'm actually getting.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4920112/4.png

I added a few breakpoints to execute "po self.view" so I could see how the view
was configured at the following points in the code:

1) Start of -viewDidLoad
2) Context of -viewDidLoad after executing self.view.autoresizingMask =
UIViewAutoresizingNone;
3) Start of -viewDidAppear

Here is the output from the console as a result of these three breakpoints:

1) (UIView *) $0 = 0x1dd969b0 <UIView: 0x1dd969b0; frame = (0 0; 540 620);
autoresize = RM+BM; autoresizesSubviews = NO; layer = <CALayer: 0x1dd96aa0>>

2) (UIView *) $1 = 0x1dd969b0 <UIView: 0x1dd969b0; frame = (0 0; 540 620);
autoresizesSubviews = NO; layer = <CALayer: 0x1dd96aa0>>

The change from 540x620 to 1024x748 is the problem.

3) (UIView *) $2 = 0x1dd969b0 <UIView: 0x1dd969b0; frame = (0 0; 1024 748);
clipsToBounds = YES; autoresize = W+H; autoresizesSubviews = NO; layer =
<CALayer: 0x1dd96aa0>>

This seems to tell me that the auto-resizing mask is successfully cleared but
then re-instated between the call to -viewDidLoad and -viewDidAppear.  Of
course, I'm assuming this is the issue.  I cannot assign a constraint to the
main view itself in order to pin width and height.  When I select the view, IB
grays out the option.

Anyone further along on the AutoLayout curve who can give me some suggestions
as to how to prevent my form from being resized once it is loaded?

-Michael