On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 01:37:58 +1200, Samuel Williams said:

>Hi Friends,
>
>I have an application that is currency using multiple NSNumberFormatters.
>
>Now a requirement has come up to support a per-document currency code.
>
>I have about 10 NIB files and the most complex NIB files have about 10-15
>fields using per-NIB file formatters connected to fields using outlets.
>
>I would ideally like to use a binding on the text fields, e.g. bind
>formatter to File's Owner document.currencyNumberFormatter but
>unfortunately this binding isn't exposed in Xcode, which is leading to
>quite a bit of additional code to manually create this binding.

You can place your NSFormatters are the top-level of your nib and connect your
textfield's 'formatter' outlet to them, and also create outlets in your
window/view controller to the same formatters.  formatters are mutable, so you
can configure them how you want in windowWillLoad or awakeFromNib or whereever.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com