Hi all,

NSOpenPanal takes care of resolving aliases/symlinks for you, which is
important with App Sandbox since you want access to the target not the alias
file itself.

But NSPathControl, in its pathControl:acceptDrop: method, does not resolve the
alias for you, and try as I may, I can't find a way to resolve it under App
Sandbox.  I get either:

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The file doesn’t exist."
Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=259 "The file couldn’t be opened because
it isn’t in the correct format."

depending on the exact contortions.

If the user granted my app access to an alias file, do I inherit access to its
target?  It seems not.  As a programmer, I get that, but as a user, it seems
counter to my intentions.

Am I missing a way to resolve the alias, or is this an NSPathControl bug?

Thanks,