Le 29 oct. 2012 à 15:00, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> a écrit :

> On Oct 29, 2012, at 6:55 AM, Vincent Habchi <vi...@macports.org> wrote:
>
> Actually, it's not. From the docs:
>
>> Note: Currently, only the standard predefined entities are supported;
>> passing NULL for entitiesDictionary is sufficient.
>
> This kind of thing is why CFXML is deprecated.

Oh, I understood one could supply his/her own dictionary or NULL if the
standard one was sufficient. Thanks for pointing this out: It makes the comment
I was planning to add pointless.

But where did you get that these calls were deprecated (apart from insider
lore)? I see no such warning in the docs.

> I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you can construct an NSXMLDTD that
> references the standard HTML DTD and query it for entity expansions?

Kyle, with all due respects, that maybe a fine idea, but it lies way beyond my
own knowledge of the XML syntax! I even hardly know what a ‘DTD’ is about… ;)
Would it be more efficient than a ‘brute force’ substitution algorithm like the
one Mike suggested?

Thanks a bunch,
Vincent