On Oct 25, 2012, at 3:01 PM, Michael Brian Bentley <bent...@crenelle.com> wrote:

> I would like to work with zlib using preset dictionaries, and was searching
> around for a good place to start working with the library in objective c.
> I've been looking at Objective-Zip, and at cocoadev.com's NSDataCategory at
> http://cocoadev.com/wiki/NSDataCategory.

I tend to use the GTM (Google Toolkit for Mac) wrapper.
Another library was just announced here two days ago:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Glen Low <glen....@pixelglow.com>
Subject: [ANN] zipzap -- zip file I/O library
Date: October 27, 2012 3:18:34 PM PDT
To: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com

Hi All

Announcing my new zip file I/O library -- zipzap. zipzap is easy to use (just 3
public classes!) and efficient, being highly optimized for low memory overhead
and reduced disk I/O. I believe it makes the zip file format a no-brainer
choice of container for Cocoa-based compound documents.

Poke a stick at it here:

https://github.com/pixelglow/zipzap

All feedback, comments, brickbats or bouquets are welcome.

Cheers

Glen Low
Pixelglow Software