On Nov 16, 2012, at 2:31 , Mike Abdullah <cocoa...@mikeabdullah.net> wrote:

> Why are you trying to avoid "a bunch of" these calls? Is it just to save
> yourself typing?

Typing, and code maintenance. I generally have UI that displays all (or some
subset of) the properties of one of my entities. I'd like that UI to update if
anything updates one of the models. But if there are a dozen properties, then
that's a dozen -addObserver and -removeObserver calls, in each place where
there might be UI associated with it. If I later add a new property to the
entity, I have to be sure to KVO, it, too. If I remove a bit of the UI, I have
to remember to remove the call (not strictly, but I like keeping my code clean).

Being able to subscribe once for all changes to a single object makes these
problems go away.

--
Rick