We have a collection view, with its own nib and viewController, in a
popover.  Individual cells are modified clones of the prototype.  The
collection displays a list of controllers that depend on the main screen
content.  Opening the popover correctly shows all the relevant elements and
controls work properly.  The collection view is bound to an array controller
which is bound to an array.  However, if we leave the popover up and change
the screen content (e.g. using a remote), the underlying array gets updated,
but the change is not reflected in the collection view.  Same result when we
use a tear-off window.  No collection view updates. The controls and the
collection view go through the same binding path, so the path is not getting
broken. We¹ve used collection views elsewhere and did not have this problem.
Any theories as to what could cause this?