On Jan 22, 2013, at 8:12 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> @interface SomeFictionalClassName
> - (id) initWithManager: (Foo*)manager;
> @end

That feels a bit "dirty" to me. I'd recommend using a protocol instead. As long
as the compiler has seen the method *somewhere*, it will consider it having
been declared. So

@protocol AvoidCompilerWarning
- (id) initWithManager: (Foo*)manager;
@end

is, for the purposes of this particular discussion, equivalent to Jens's
fictional class interface, but doesn't imply that such a class might exist to a
(human) reader.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de