Dear list,

I remember seeing the functionality in some apps where one can hold the option
key while launching an app to allow the user to choose which app data store to
launch. So is this a core-data app functionality that's already built in to the
frameworks, or does one need to implement that individually? I have a core data
shoebox type app and rather than go all out making it iCloud compatible
(because I still haven't been able to get that working reliably) I was
considering playing around with putting the core data store file in drop-box or
simply in the iCloud mobile-documents folder to see how that behaves. This
wouldn't be for a production app, just for playing and testing at the moment.

So rather than hard-coding an alternative path to the data store, I was
thinking that an option-click for launching would be a nice way to choose
different store files. Like I said, I'm sure I've seen this in other apps
before...

Many thanks for any insights,

Martin