On Apr 2, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Markus Spoettl <ms_li...@shiftoption.com> wrote:

> On 4/2/13 8:37 PM, David Duncan wrote:
>>> I have a hard time figuring out how to get the frame (in the window
>>> coordinate system) a view will rotate to, when the rotation has just
>>> begun.
>>
>> What are you trying to do?
>>
>> Typically you don't need to worry about this. The root view controller's view
>> will have its frame set properly by UIKit, and then all of your other views
>> will resize with respect to that view's bounds, and as such you don't need to
>> know how to get the final frame of that view.
>
> I'm displaying an overlay window which is "attached" to the view in question.

I would think there might be an easier way to do this rather than using an
overlay window, but I'm not entirely certain what your end goal is or what you
are trying to overlay. You might consider an approach that uses view controller
containment however.

> When the rotation takes place, it needs to realign itself so that it's new
> location agrees with what the view displays (in my context).

Have you tried doing this inside of -viewDidLayoutSubviews for the view
controller that is managing all of this? That should be the best place to get
the location of views after the layout has completed, although the animation
information would need to be obtained seperately.
--
David Duncan