Forgive me for having two questions in flight at once.  This is an entirely
separate issue - and this might not even be the right forum for it.  I can't
find a sandbox / app store forum to ask though.

My app should be able to launch itself at start up - but the helper app doesn't
seem to work.  In fact, it doesn't even launch!  All I get is this error:

25/04/2013 12:53:33.376 xpcd[226]: (null): Code identity[pid:
273::com.PaxSoftware.DeviceInfoLoginHelperApp
(/Applications/DeviceInfo.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/DeviceInfoLoginHelperApp.app)]
 is not in ACL for container:
~/Library/Containers/com.PaxSoftware.DeviceInfoLoginHelperApp/Data -- allowing
access.

I haven't attached any source code because it's not getting as far as executing
anything.  If anyone can suggest what I might look at (probably a plist, I'd
have thought - so I've included those settings), I'd be most grateful.
Plist:

Bundle identifier = com.PaxSoftware.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier}
Application is background only = true

The login helper App is included in the main app, and the code in the main app
seems to function correctly:

- (IBAction)autoLaunchChange:(id)sender
{

// Creating helper app complete URL

NSURL *url = [[NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath]]
URLByAppendingPathComponent:

@"Contents/Library/LoginItems/DeviceInfoLoginHelperApp.app"];

// Registering helper app

if (LSRegisterURL((__bridge CFURLRef)url, true) != noErr)
    {

NSLog(@"LSRegisterURL failed!");

}

if (!SMLoginItemSetEnabled