Le 9 juin 2013 à 11:35, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> a écrit :

> This works fine, but blocks my for 1 sec on a good day - who know how long if
> the net is slow:
>
> url = something/which/might/exist/or/not.gif
> data = [ NSData dataWithContentsOfURL: url options: mask error: &outError ];
>
> So I am trying to use NSURLConnection instead. Also works fine.
>
> Only: if my url does not exist, then the old method returned data = nil. Very
> good.
>
> Using  NSURLConnection I always get some answer - either image data or a
> lengthy string like:
>
> HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>       <head>
>               <title>Error 404 - Page not found</title>
>       </head>
> [...]
>

> Is there a way to get just the status (in this case 404) without parsing the
> data?
> I looked at the NSURLConnection delegate methods, but did not find anything
> which looked appropriate.
>
> Gerriet.

The NSConnectionDelegate protocol has a method that pass you the response:

- (void)connection:(NSURLConnection *)connection
didReceiveResponse:(NSURLResponse *)response

You can test if the response is of type NSHTTPURLResponse (which should always
be the case when you send an HTTP request), and then use the
-[NSHTTPURLResponse statusCode] method to get the status.

-- Jean-Daniel