The scroll view's bounds.origin is also its contentOffset, which is likely what
is happening when you render it in to the context.

However, you seem to imply that you just have a simple scroll view with a
simple image inside – why do this at all?

Instead just use the contentOffset to determine the origin of the image an then
use -drawAtPoint into an appropriately sized graphics context and you'll
extract the part you want. Or if your comfortable with Core Graphics you can
use CGImageCreateWithImageInRect() (that may not be the exact API, as I'm
pulling from memory).

--
David Duncan