Dear list,

I've been using NSToolbar's -setShowsBaselineSeparator: to remove the dark gray
line below the toolbar (because I have Safari-like tabs below the toolbar).
This is working nicely on 10.8, but on 10.6.8, there is a white line left in
place of the dark gray base line. It's almost as if the toolbar is not redrawn
when the separator line is switched off. Additionally if the window loses
focus, then another white line can be seen above the toolbar (below the
window's main title bar). Now, doing something to the toolbar, like setting it
to icons only and back, or setting it to small size and back, makes the white
lines go away.

Here's how I do the job

  NSToolbar *tb = [[self windowForSheet] toolbar];
  [tb setAllowsUserCustomization:YES];
  [tb setAutosavesConfiguration:YES];
  [tb setShowsBaselineSeparator:NO];

and I run this in my NSDocument's -windowControllerDidLoadNib: method.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and, better still, solved it? Is there a
way to force the toolbar to redraw? Calling -display and/or -update on the
window doesn't seem to do the trick.

Many thanks,

Martin