On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:27 AM, "Gerriet M. Denkmann" <gerr...@mdenkmann.de>
wrote:

> Maybe I was not very clear.
> The problem is NOT that the helper app does not start. There just is no
> helper app, there is nothing which has a MachService called
> "something.very.silly".
>
> The problem is, that the error block, which prints MAGIC_ERROR, does only get
> called when there is an NSLog right in front of it.
> This makes no sense (to me).

I just tried your code on my machine, and whether the error logs or not seems
fairly random. Whether or not your define is present, I sometimes get the error
log and sometimes not, and repeatedly running the app (or putting the code in
an IBAction instead of applicationDidFinishLaunching: and repeatedly pressing a
button to invoke it) results in a different outcome each time. There might be a
race condition in the framework or something. Have you filed a Radar report on
this yet?

Charles