On 20 Sep 2013, at 20:41, David Duncan <david.dun...@apple.com> wrote:

> If you are building with the iOS 7 SDK, wantsFullScreenLayout should not be
> consulted for your UI layout at all by the framework. The only thing I can
> imagine the original engineer wanted was to avoid having to set the flag to
> NO manually, and thus have it done automatically.

It's because another part of the code relies on it for laying out its view. Is
the effect of  wantsFullScreenLayout in iOS 6 described in detail somewhere?
The best approach would to adapt the code to work on any iOS Version (well, 5,
6 and 7 in this case) without fiddling with wantsFullScreenLayout is this is
possible?

> Of course even if you build with the iOS 7 SDK and deploy to iOS 6, the flag
> will be honored there as specified.

Ultimately we want to use some iOS 7 features so it needs to be fixed in iOS 7,
I'm wondering how much of a change it will be and if it's worth rewriting it so
will work on 5 6 and 7.

All the Best
Dave