On Oct 2, 2013, at 11:49 PM, Markus Spoettl <ms_li...@shiftoption.com> wrote:

> On 10/2/13 10:40 PM, David Duncan wrote:
>> On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Markus Spoettl <ms_li...@shiftoption.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the iPad (both device and simulator) this produces a sheet with
>>> "Button2" missing. No matter how many buttons one adds, the last one added
>>> goes missing.
>>>
>>> On iPhone (again both device and simulator) this produces a sheet with the
>>> expected buttons "Cancel", "Button1", "Button2".
>>>
>>> If I set the cancelButtonTitle: parameter to nil, both iPad and iPhone
>>> behave correctly, iow "Button1", "Button2".
>>

>> Try setting the cancelButtonIndex after you’ve added the extra buttons. The
>> safest way to do this would be to stash off the number of buttons after
>> you’ve created it (via numberOfButtons) then add your extra buttons, then
>> reset the cancelButtonIndex based on the stashed value. -- David Duncan
>
> Thanks Duncan, I will try that. However, as Fritz pointed out, the HIG says
> cancel buttons are undesireable, so I guess the easiest solution is to do
> that.

When displaying an action sheet as a popover, the action sheet will
automatically remove the cancel button, so you shouldn’t need to do that
yourself (in fact I would recommend against it).

Thinking a bit about this you may want to use canceledItemIndex instead of
numberOfButtons, but either way its something to try.
--
David Duncan