On 4 Oct 2013, at 11:27 AM, koko <k...@highrolls.net> wrote:

> I have a stack variable in an Obj-C Interface which is a C++ Class.  I call a
> function of this class. If I run the app from XCode it works as expected,
> i.e. the function is called.
>
> But, if I run the app from the Finder the function is not called.
>
> What am I missing or should I say "How can this be?"

From your description, there is absolutely no way of knowing. There could be
any number of conditions in the stack above the call site that only you know
about.

Try running the application from the Finder, modified if necessary to loop
before getting to the call site, and attach command-line lldb (or even the
Xcode debugger) to it.

The canonical reason a Mac application behaves differently in Xcode and in real
life is that you're depending on the working directory Xcode gives you. Last I
looked, it was the application directory under Xcode, and / from the Finder.

(Xcode. Lower-case c.)

        — F