On Oct 8, 2013, at 4:29 AM, Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just come across this:
>
> - (void) scrollViewWillEndDragging:(UIScrollView*) theScrollView
> withVelocity:(CGPoint) theVelocity targetContentOffset:(inout CGPoint*)
> theTargetContentOffset
>

> I've never seen the "inout" keyword before! It is documented anyway? I tried
> searching but can't find anything that describes how it is supposed to work?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Dave

It's something you need for NSDistantObject - I've used it so either it used to
be in Apple docs or some Apple sample app uses it, but all I can find is this:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/NSDistantObject.html

Beware, if you don't use this method to set the protocol, the system might well
ask the remote process for method signature information, and the remote process
might get it wrong. This is because the class of the remote object needs to
have been declared to conform to the protocol in order for it to know about any
protocol qualifiers (the keywords bycopy, byref, in, out, inout, and oneway).
If the author of the server process forgot to do this, the type information
returned from that process may not be what you are expecting.