Dear list,

I have an app with tabs and I’m trying to change the default 'close' keyboard
equivalent for only the main window which has the tabs. I’d like to have

Main Window with tabs:
        close (cmd-shift-w)
        close tab (cmd-w)

All other windows:
        close (cmd-w)
        close tab (inactive, no keyboard shortcut)

This is pretty much the way things work in Xcode.

So, my question is, is there a smart way to do this, or do I need to implement
-validateMenuItem: on every window in the app and set the keyboard shortcuts
there?

Thanks for any insights,

Martin