Just a quickie - and it may be that I've found a small bug in Mavericks.  My
app contains the following code:

[[NSStatusBar systemStatusBar] removeStatusItem:statusItem];

This works perfectly on single monitor setups, and on OS's older than
Mavericks.  On a multi-monitor Mavericks setup, though, it only removes the
menu item from the menubar on the currently active screen.  Oddly, though,
'setMenu' works on both monitors correctly - which can result in more than one
menu appearing on the non-active monitor.  Weird, huh?  Any ideas?