Le 3 janv. 2014 à 08:15, Appa Rao Mulpuri <appar...@ivycomptech.com> a écrit :

> Hi List,
>
> I am using Mac OS X 10.8 SDK for the development and deployment target set to
> Mac OS 10.5. I am using libcrypto dylib in my code base, application is
> working fine in all the OS, except in Leopard. Application is failing to
> launch in Leopard and giving the Library not loaded error.
>
> Library not found: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> Reason: no suitable image found.
>
> I tried to build the application on mavericks with libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib by
> updating the libcrypto.dylib alias in
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/lib,
>  but no luck. Its giving me compile time errors saying symbols not found.
>
> I primarily wants to move to Mavericks for my regular development and take
> advantage of LLVM compiler for its greater speed (compared with GCC).
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2616738/linking-to-libcrypto-for-leopard
> gone though this url. Solution is available if you are using the 10.6 SDK for
> development. To make it work with 10.6 SDK + Xcode 5, copied 10.6 and 10.7
> sdks into
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/,
>  but unfortunately Xcode 5 is not displaying them in the Build settings
> window.
>
> Is there any way to get rid of the libCrypto linking issue?
>
> Regards,

The simplest advice is don't use libcrypto.

If you just need simple functionality, you may have a look at the CommonCrypto
API which is partially available on 10.5 ( I think Digest and Cryptors where
available at this time).

If you need something more complex, you should use the Security framework,
unfortunately the whole 10.5 API (CDSA) has been deprecated in favor of a
cleaner but incompatible API.

So you will have to write the code twice if you want to support 10.5 and be
futur proof.

-- Jean-Daniel