I can't figure this out. I've got a view hierarchy that's been working fine. I
added a modal, full-screen tutorial to my storyboard that's triggered on a
segue from a button in a popover-contained table view. That works fine, too.

Now I'm trying to display the same tutorial the first time the user runs the
app. I get it from the root view controller's storyboard, and call -[self
presentViewController:animated:completion:] on it. Just before presenting it, I
see my entire view hierarchy shrink down (to what might be portrait width in
landscape mode; it's a landscape-only app). Elements inside a smaller, too, not
just repositioned.

After the modal VC is dismissed, you see the shrunken view, then it snaps back
to full size, but the UIBarButtonItems stay shrunken.

Why is this happening? Why does Apple not test anything any more?

--
Rick