On Feb 8, 2014, at 9:45 AM, Michael Babin <mba...@orderndev.com> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:43 PM, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>
>> I have a window in my OSX application which shows a log of commands. It's
>> not 'Visible At Launch' because you often don't need to see it. It's also
>> excluded from the windows menu, instead it has its own permanent menu item
>> on that menu which both shows if it's enabled and acts as a menu item to
>> toggle it. All works fine.
>>
>> I want however the window to remember its state and if it was showing when
>> the app was terminated, show on re-start. I can do that with a user default
>> quite easily but figured this has to be a very common task and thought there
>> must be a standard way to accomplish it. Is there?
>
> Have you read the section of the Mac App Programming Guide on UI preservation?
>
> User Interface Preservation

Well, that looked like a link when I pasted it in my original message but
apparently did not get included or sent as such. Here it is again:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/General/Conceptual/MOSXAppProgrammingGuide/CoreAppDesign/CoreAppDesign.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010543-CH3-SW26